Lake Como is located in Lombardy, Northern Italy. It has been a sought after destination for years, due to its fresh, cold air, beautiful, azure blue waters and picturesque mountains forming a gorgeous backdrop.
Villa D’Este is a luxuriously grand hotel, set on the banks of Lake Como. It has acres and acres of enviable gardens – the greenery is manicured in a divine manner, with iridescent flowers spilling out from everywhere. The hotel itself has stunning interiors and views. The restaurants offer deliciously cooked local Italian food, made with only the best of ingredients. All this, combined with water sports, makes Villa D’Este, the perfect getaway.
Another supremely exciting part of your holiday is the renting of your supercars. You have a difficult decision to make when you are given choices like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Bentleys, Aston Martins, Mercedes or Porsche. Driving around in a luxury car for the trip heightens your entire experience.
The Villa D’Este Golf Club was designed by Peter Gannon. It weaves its way through ash, chestnut and pine trees, offering a spectacular view of the mountains. Club Monticello has two courses, the Red and Blue Course. They are not very long, but are considered quite challenging, and several Italian Opens have been played there. The course at Golf Club Milano is extremely prestigious and was designed by Peter Gannon and Cecil Blandford. It has 27 holes and is lined with ancient and charming trees. Golf Club Castelconturbia has three courses, Blue, Yellow and Red, each with 9 holes. It is considered quite a test to play on, especially with its distracting views.
The churches and cathedrals in Lake Como are magnificent. Their walls, and ancient architecture tell you stories that took place hundreds of years ago. The spirits of these places seem to take you back in time. The Bellagio is often referred to as the ‘Pearl of Lake Como’. It has panoramic views of the lake and a promenade with divine gardens. There are numerous cafes, bars and trattorias for one to sit at and enjoy the views.
It is impossible to visit Lake Como and not have one of the best times of your life. Not only do you enjoy the unforgettable views, sparkling lake, and world-class golf courses, your luxury car will also bring your experience to a whole new level.
- Arrive at Milano Malpensa Airport, where your local representative will receive you
- Take a private transfer to Villa D’Este and after checking in, you may like to have lunch at one of the many restaurants in the hotel premises
- It will be a good opportunity for you to explore the hotel grounds and make use of the activities offered such as tennis, waterskiing, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing or squash this afternoon
- Alternatively, you can choose to relax by the pool bar and have dinner thereafter
- This morning, you will be headed to the Villa D’Este Golf Club for one round of golf
- Take a scenic drive around Lake Como in your super car to absorb the sights, and have lunch along the lake
- After lunch, the Como Cathedral and the Basilica of Sant’Abbondio are wonderful choices for the afternoon
- Have dinner at a restaurant nearby
- On your free day, you may like to take a leisurely drive to Bellagio
- Villa Melzi is one of the must-visits and you can also enjoy lunch while you are there
- After lunch, you can visit the San Giacomo Church and the Villa Serbelloni Park
- It is recommended to have dinner at Bellagio before heading back
- You will tee off at Golf Club Monticello this morning
- You may like to visit the other smaller towns surrounding the lake this evening
- Have a pleasant dinner at one of the quaint towns
- After breakfast, you will enjoy a round of golf at Golf Club Milano
- This afternoon, you may like to take a boat trip out to Menaggio
- Enjoy your dinner before taking the return boat trip
- On your free day, you could drive down to Milan for some shopping
- There are plenty of meal options for you to choose from
- Alternatively, you can also take a day trip to Lugano, Switzerland
- Have your dinner in Milan or Lugano before taking a scenic drive back to the hotel
- You will be playing your last round of golf at Golf Club Castelconturbia
- After lunch, you can drive to the Castle Of Agrate and the Castle Of Coturbia to view these sights
- Have a nice dinner for your last night in Como
- Check out after breakfast
- Take a private transfer from the hotel to Milano Malpensa Airport for your departure flight